HOMEABOUT USSHOP HERECROPDATESCURRENT CHALLENGESTIPS&TUTORIALS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope - by Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

I am very lucky this month to get two of the Kaisercraft ranges to have a play with. This week I am sharing two layouts using the stunning Kaleidoscope collection. A truly beautiful range of papers, a lovely mix of florals and patterns.

For my first layout, My Sister, My Friend,  I have used the plain black background on the Kaleidoscope Mosaic paper, and stamped the background using a music notes stamp and versacolour ink for some subtle texture. I have taken inspiration from the music notes paper for my background stamping.

 The floral colours in my sisters top inspired the colour choices for the papers to compliment the photo. 




A couple of close ups of my layout. 

Firstly, a selection of embellishments from the collectibles pack, gorgeous mix of different coloured butterflies which I loved!



A close-up of the chipboard heart, which I have inked in two versacolour inks, applied some embossing paste and stamped over it while wet to get both colours come through. 




My 2Crafty title, inked in c-ordinating pink ink and dabbed with some diamond stickles:



For my second layout Cherish, I have used this patterned background paper, black flowers on kraft with touches of pink. I have focused on these touches of pink to add some colour to the layout, while predominantly keeping it in the striking combination of kraft and black. 



A couple of close-ups:

My cluster of Green Tara flowers & leaves, with a mix of kaisercraft resin and collectibles journaling spot. I've given the flowers a dab of pink ink. 



I've continued the music theme with this 2Crafty chipboard piece Music Notes, inked in both black and pink to complement the background paper. The 2Crafty chipboard title Cherish simply inked in black. 


A little bit of extra stamping by me, the Kaisercraft butterfly stamp to continue the butterfly theme with this range. 


 Thanks for visiting, be sure to head over to the shop to grab this range, I don't think it will last long!!

Fiona
x
 
  
 
Photobucket
Products Used:
My Sister, My Friend:
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Blank Canvas
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Collage
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Mosaic
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Impasto
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Collectibles
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Sticker Sheet
2Crafty Chipboard - Photo Adornments Heart Charm
2Crafty Chipboard Title: My Sister, My Friend
Diamond Stickles
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp - Music
Studio 490 Embossing Paste
Green Tara Flower
VersaColor Inks - Assorted


Cherish
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Palette
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Blank Canvas
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Layers
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Paper - Collage
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Collectibles
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Butterfly Sticker Sheet
Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope Sticker Sheet
 Kaisercraft Resin Blooms Fuschia
2Crafty Chipboard - Music Notes
2Crafty Chipboard - Cherish
Kaisercraft Texture Stamp Botanical
Green Tara Apple Blossoms Black
Green Tara Leaves
Green Tara Wire
VersaColor Inks - Assorted

2 comments:

  1. Love both layouts Fiona, great choice of photo for both. Great use of the Kaisercraft paper and embellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 gorgeous layouts, Fiona! I really love how you've used the 2 photos in the first one, along with your choice of papers & embellies. The 2nd layout is my fav...love the colours & the vintage feel to it - stunning work!

    ReplyDelete